[ Sims 2 Cheats ] [ Tutorials ] [ Sims 2 Extra ] [ Homecrafter Plus ] [ Apartment Life ] [ Reinstalls ] [ Seasons Tips ] [ Baby Clothes ] [ Chemistry ] [ Death ] [ Religious artefacts downloads for Sims 2 ]
[ Skinning with BodyShop ] [ Transparent Glass Tiles ] [ Stairs ] [ Basement Building ] [ Built-in Garage ] [ Building on Slopes ] [ Going Up ] [ Export Lots ] [ Export Sims ] [ Custom Neighbourhoods ] [ Making Sims 2 Terrains in Sim City 4 ] [ A Brand New City ] [ My Documents ]
Have you wanted to make a house with a built-in garage? But the garage has to
be at ground level while the house should have a foundation?
Here's a simple walkthrough to doing exactly that.
Make a simple shape on a brick foundation - this has one large room plus
- Remove the garage foundation
Then use Control Shift and C to bring up the cheat box and
input the cheat code boolprop constrainfloorelevation false
Your house is floating! Don't panic...
- Drop to the lowest level to do the next step.
- Put walls exactly where the foundation walls were.
- This has the effect of raising the whole garage top.
- Go up to the upper floor of the house part, and place flooring, working
from the far end towards and finally over the garage. As you still have the
cheat on, this will pull down and level the floor and walls. You may find it
tricky to place flooring. Be patient and it will go - sometimes a dragging
action from the lowest, level part to the opposite corner helps, sometimes
you have to fill in a row at a time.
- Go down to the foundation floor again and you'll see the adjacent room to the garage (in this case, the living room) will have a little "bump" near the wall.
- Do NOT use the flooring tool to even it out; that doesn't work properly.
Use the level tool instead.
- You may find the level too will apparently not work on the single tile in
the corner - force it to, by selecting the tiles immediately next to the one
you want to level, so that you have a 2x2 square selected.
Of course it will pull the wall down again.
But we know what to do about that - go up a level and use floor tiles to
level the floor... (remember the cheat is still ON)
Now at last we have finished with the cheat.
Turn it off:
- Control Shift and C to bring up the cheat box and input the
cheat code boolprop constrainfloorelevation true
Finish the house as you like. I put stairs up from the garage to the house.
Here's the house that
I made from this base...