Island Paradise gives us BOATS!
See also SimsVIP's
IP Guide (PDF)
- Basements in Houseboats. One level deep basement. This is considered to
be the hull of the boat. To go down into the hull of your boat, a new interaction
named "Go Below Deck" is available when clicking on surfaces of
- Can I place multiple gangways on a single port to allow multiple houseboats
to dock there?
No. You are only allowed to place one gangway per port. Using cheats to place
extra gangways will not allow additional houseboats to dock at that port.
To dock, each houseboat needs its own unique port.
- Can a basement built in a houseboat function as a nectar cellar?
Yes. The hull of a houseboat can function as a nectar cellar for aging your
nectar and increasing its value.
- Can I build or play on the curved area of a houseboat?
No. The curved section of the houseboat is part of the hull model, and is
not a buildable or routable surface. The curved bow is purely visual.
- How do I buy a boat or a car when living on a houseboat? There's no room
to place the boat trailer or a parking spot!
It isn't intended that you place a boat trailer/parking spot on your houseboat
to purchase a vehicle. We've actually added a new "Purchase Vehicle"
interaction that's available when clicking on any trailer/mooring post/tie
down/parking spot/etc that's on your home lot or any community lot in the
world. You can buy a vehicle directly from those objects that your Sim will
own and use.
In Isla Paradiso, many of the ports already come with mooring posts and parking
spots so that you can do exactly this. If you're building a port in another
world, I suggest adding those two objects so that you can easily buy vehicles
for your houseboat dwelling Sims.
- To make a new Houseboat go to Edit Town mode.
Take a class at the Science Lab or Snorkel and after Sim reaches a certain
skill s/he will be able to choose Snorkel.
Once they have Snorkeled for long enough they will be able to Dive.
Traits added with IP
- Sailors love the open sea and would much rather be on a boat than on
land. They are better at catching fish and are less likely to get seasick.
- Loves To Swim
- gain a special joy being in the water.
[Sims by Cloudwalker]
New LifeTime Wants
- Resort Empire
- To become a true hotel mogul, your Sim will need to manage employees,
maintain a profit,
and always satisfy patrons. Once your Sim has created the perfect resort
empire, travelers from all around
will flock for a chance to stay at your luxurious getaway.
- Own a Five Star Resort
- Collect 40,000 Simoleans in Resort Profit
- Seaside Savior
- Deep Sea Diver
- The bottom of the ocean hides treasures and creatures never seen by
land dwelling Sims. Only
the bravest and foolhardy divers can survive the deadly deep searching
for underwater riches.
Be sure to bring your oxygen tank!
- Master the Diving Skill
- Earn 40,000 Simoleans from Selling Diving Collectibles
- Grand Explorer
- There are mysterious lands yet to be charted by any Sim. To find them,
your Sim must set sail,
brave the high seas, and dive the deepest oceans. Search high and low
for these uncharted islands
and claim them as your own.
- Own all Uncharted Islands
- There’s a multitude of different ways to discover uncharted
islands. Some can be discovered by simply exploring the area around
them via boat, and others will take a little bit more investigation.
Try talking to some of the local Isla Paradiso residents, as they
have inside knowledge of the surrounding islands and may send
you on a quest for discovery!
• The easiest way to get into resort management is to “buy”
Hobart’s Hideaway. This once, beautiful resort has fallen into disrepair
and needs a lot of work, but it is a great way to kick start your resort empire
without too much financial commitment!
Due to the state of the resort, it’s going for the low, low price of §0.00!
It will get you into resort management much quicker than building one from scratch.
• Keeping guests at your resort happy is a tricky thing to do! Amenities
and fun objects found in the Resort Objects Tab in Build & Buy Modes are
key to making sure your resort guests have a great time. Happy guests can mean
a successful resort!
Ultimate Reward for the Lifeguard Career
When a Lifeguard has rescued 35 drowning Sims - only rescues from the water
count - s/he is awarded the Cay to the City island.
Ultimate Reward for the Resort
Completing the Resort Mogul Lifetime Wish gives
"Congratulations on the Five-Star Resort! An investor was so impressed
with your business acumen, that he gave your Sim the deeds to this private island.
Maybe another 5-star resort is in your future!"
Pretty nice bonus on top of the LTH Points! It is a 60x60 lot.
• Scuba diving Sims may encounter a mysterious mermaid from time to time
beneath the waves. Becoming friends with one is key to revealing the secret
behind transforming your Sim into one of them!
- Make two or more sims go "boating" in a speedboat.
- Then have the driver "go to shore."
- Once the boat is on a shore have your sims "board" the boat.
- While the boat is not moving make a passenger click on the boat.
- The option to water ski will appear.
- The option will not show up while the boat is in motion.
How to make a "hidden island" in other worlds than Isla Paradiso