[ Discussion Links ] [ Online
] [ Comix ] [ Dr
Who ] [ Photos ] [ Textures
] [ Occasional Sims Blog ] [ Forums
Has its moments.
Well, I thought to meself, I've had a difficult day, what with the DH breaking
our Internet, son being an absolute brat, and more.
I'll go and try and play SimCity for a little tonight. So. Put Origin on.
- It takes half an hour to do some kind of update.
- Then completely refuses to work (play button greyed out).
- Eventually I get a message about it, to go to the support page - click on
- Nothing happens.
- TEN minutes later, a page opens on EA Support.
- That tells me to click yet more links to find out what to do. This page,
of course, is in English. (I am in England and game is set to English.)
- Click the links and pages in POLISH come up. Those Polish pages refuse to
translate in Google Translate, as they are malformed. What a surprise.
- Eventually I copy and paste stuff from the Polish into Google Translate
and it seems to be saying, after installing the update, don't just restart
the GAME, as it said in the original patch instructions, but RESTART the COMPUTER.
OK, that makes some kind of sense.
- So I restart the computer and the same error message comes up as before.
So I searched more found some more tips (from EA) on how to fix this particular
error - it told me to copy some files from within the patch folder into the
exe folder of SC. Did that, and now the whole install is foobarred.
EA's name is unprintable.
Uninstalled completely and reinstalled. Searched more on the forums and finally
discovered this gem:
- Open up Origin
- Go to My Games
- Right click SimCity
- Click Game Properties
- Check Disable Origin in game
It works. Posting it here in case anyone else has that problem. Sigh.
One more flaming bag of poo delivered to EA's door.
Sita January 25, 2015